Located on northern Minnesota’s Iron Range, NHS-Northstar offers an array of services to support adults and children with disabilities.
NHS-Northstar specializes in disabilities that include developmental delays, autism, fetal alcohol effective disorder, seizure disorder, traumatic brain injury (TBI), mental illness, behavior challenges, aging and dementia, and physical disabilities. Whether it is in one of our 21 residential homes, in the family home, or in the community, the goal of NHS-Northstar is to support our client’s to achieve a positive lifestyle that is safe, healthy, happy and secure.
Our compassionate staff are professional, dedicated, and respectful of our consumer’s independence and abilities. Our team includes educated professionals with experience in providing an individualized care plan to facilitate personal growth and opportunities for people with disabilities.
Services currently being offered through NHS-Northstar include:
- Residential-based Supported Living Services (SLS), providing a natural home setting which fosters the supports necessary to achieve a positive lifestyle.
- In-Home Family Support and Independent Living Skills, a service that is designed to assist persons in acquiring, retaining and improving the skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings. This service is provided to a person and his/her family.
- Respite Services, providing a caregiver a temporary relief from the responsibilities of caring for an individual with a physical or mental disability. Respite services are available for both short (a weekend) and longer term (up to a month) stays.
- Mental Health Services, providing Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS), diagnostic assessments, psychotherapy services, and medication education.
- Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS) provide minimal supports, training services options include learning shopping, community living skills, learning appropriate social behavior, money management, self-care skills, recreation and leisure skills to help individuals maintain or increase their ability to live on the community to lead self-directed lives.