Detailed Job Postings can also be found online at www.MinnesotaWorks.net
Full-time Staff Accountant
Based out of our Chisholm office
General Purpose of the Job:
To support the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO with preparation of schedules and reconciliations in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare bi-weekly program billing and issue billing reports.
- Process accounts receivable and assist with accounting for clients.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with audit functions such as answering inquiries and preparing schedules.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as assigned by CFO.
- Provide support within the accounting department in the functions of accounts payable and payroll.
- Maintain a professional demeanor by observing standards of conduct and integrity in the workplace, by working cooperatively with team members and fulfilling training requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting from a credible college or university.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting is preferred.
- Skilled in dealing with financial data with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and identify problems.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in accounting software and MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with departments.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Background study to be completed.
Salary Range: $18-$25 an hour
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume along with the application.
Direct Care Specialist – Residential Programs
We are currently recruiting for Direct Care Specialist (DCS) positions. These positions work with our consumers in residential settings located throughout the Iron Range (from Grand Rapids to Gilbert). Direct Care Specialists provide support and supervision to our consumers by assisting them in the community, helping with household chores such as cooking and cleaning, and in some cases, assisting with dressing, toileting and transferring. A valid Minnesota Driver’s License and ability to successful pass and Department of Human Services background investigation is required. Please apply here
Direct Care Specialist – Outreach Programs
We are currently recruiting for Direct Care Specialist (DCS) positions. These positions work with our consumers in our community Outreach Programs settings located throughout the Iron Range (from Grand Rapids to Gilbert). Direct Care Specialists provide support and supervision to our consumers in more of a one on one setting; by assisting them in the community, helping with goals to increase their independence and in some cases, assisting with dressing, toileting and transferring. A valid Minnesota Driver’s License and ability to successful pass and Department of Human Services background investigation is required. Please apply here
NHS-Northstar Specialized Services has occasional openings for Mental Health Practitioners (MHP) who provide Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) to clients living in the community who live with mental illness. Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline and 2000 hours of supervised experience working with mentally ill individuals. Applicants without a Bachelors Degree are qualified with 6,000 hours of supervised experienced. Please apply here.